Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Recognized Expertise

Jay Thomas Taber
tbarj@yahoo.com
____________________________________________________________

As a featured presenter at the December 10, 2005 National Human Rights Conference I was asked to submit this brief biographical note, which has been periodically updated.

On September 8, 2000, I received the Public Good Project (a privately-funded national research network) Defender of Democracy award for "organizing effective opposition to Anti-Indian violence and racism in Washington state."

The Fall 2005 issue of Public Eye Magazine features an article on community organizing that cites my 2001 report Research as Organizing Tool

In February 2006, my essay The Power of Moral Sanction was featured in the international journal Forum for Global Exchange, a publication of the Center for World Indigenous Studies.

In September 2006, my paper Institutional Memory as Community Safeguard was published in Fourth World Journal.

I presently live just north of San Francisco, where, in 2002, I contributed to the development of the graduate program Activism and Social Change within the New College of California school of humanities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home